Bitchin' about sports on a Thursday! Yup I told you this was gonna be a weekly column (lucky you). Lets right into it:
- So the Sabres give up four prospects for a player that never scores 20 goals in a season and is demanding something like 8 years $70 million? Ryan O'reilly is alright but the Sabres gave up way too much for a guy they now have to over pay to be their temporary first line center.
I give the transaction a C+ . It takes pressure off Jack Eichel and the now forgotten Sam Rinehart. Anyone remember him? I dont even know how to spell his name.
The other big move was trading the 21st overrall pick for an unproven goalie who has limited experience in the NHL. Um WTF?
I get it, Tim Murray is the antihesis of Darcy Regier. He is new, aggressive, gives no fucks and wheels and deals. Great! But he isn't immune from criticism. He has won nothing, has zero track record of success and doesn't deserve the benefit of the doubt. Overpaying for players you really want or need is fine. But those moves better pan out. Being this aggressive and not getting great value leaves little margin for error. Then again thank god Darc Regier is gone.
- Japan v USA in the world cup final? The womens world cup is a topic? Damn slow sports season. Hope they dont sneek up on us. Heyyyyooo. Why the hell do teams have to plan in Montreal for the semis then fly cross country to Vancouver for the finals? So dumb.
- Where theres smoke theres fire. Dont be surprised if Tyrod is listed first on the depth chart for training camp. Wait is Russ Wilson on the trade block? 4 firsts? Sure. Paging Mr Whaley.
- Love to see Cleveland go Cleveland and lose a no hitter with 2 strikes and 2 outs in the 9th inning in an 8-0 game. Ha.
- The money in the NBA is back to being insane. Some of the contracts being thrown around brings back memories of the good old days when Hedo Turkalu and Rashard Lewis and other mid level players were getting wayyyy to much cash and tanking franchises. What the hell are the Lakers doing by the way?
- I had an epiphony the other day. Part of the reason I am so negative and dour about Buffalo sports (ya know besides all the losing) is because of how shitty wgr550 and The Buffalo News are. Both organizations are so self congradulatory and hold themselves up in such high regard it is disgusting.
The only good segment on Schopp snd the Bulldog is if someone even bothers to call and says something outlandish. Those two agree on every single thing they ever talk about. And if on the .01% chance they do disagree Bulldog just changes his mind and agrees with ol Chap. Also the guy that sings their opening intros is god awful.
The morning dudes are a little bit more entertaining but agree on every single thing too. Worse yet, they repeat the same fucking things every single morning. ANALYTICS! You have to run a QB sneek on 4th and 1. Dont punt! Unbearable.
The Buffalo news is just a bunch of old cranks but at least they are intelligent except for Mike Harrington who is a biggity bitch and useless on twitter. Ha
- Yes I did vote for mostly all KC Royals for the all star game because it is funny. Then again it also helps the Mets when they get home field advantage in the World Series. Errr